Friday 27 March 2009

SF (a follow-up)

Some of you may have noted that "Gil" from Smart Furniture commented on my post regarding their website. He wrote:
Hey, Kendra -

Thanks for the shout-out about Smart Furniture! Congrats on the new apartment, and we hope that you can find something that goes well with your space. At any rate, if you need any assistance finding anything or figuring out what can fit in your space, give us a buzz and we'd be happy to help!

We totally dig the duck hamper... wanna trade for some Smart Furniture swag? At any rate, if you wouldn't mind sending us a note about where we could send you a little housewarming gift, let me know.

Thanks again! -Gil @ SF

When I saw Gil's comment this morning, I was shocked. What kind of company cares to thank you for mentioning their website on your blog? And then offers you a housewarming gift for doing so. I mean, that's just unheard-of! At first I thought it was a scam, but I followed up with a "contact-us" form on the Smart Furniture website anyway (what can I say, I'm a sucker for housewarming gifts). I got this response from Gil:
Kendra -

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly, and congrats again on your new place! We'll put a little something together for you and Tim so we can send it out around the time that you guys are all moved in and settled.

Have a great weekend.

Gil
I'm officially sold on Smart Furniture. A walking advertisement, that's me. I mean, I suppose it could still be a scam, but I highly doubt it. I think I've finally just come across a company who really knows how to treat customers (and even potential customers) very well.

Kudos, SF! (can I call you SF?)

2 comments:

Amber said...

That is awesome. It's fortunate that some companies still understand how important personal attention can be for a shopper. The convenience of online shopping lacks that totally. You'll have to let us know what they send you, and what other things you buy. (and post pictures when your apt is all together.)

Gil said...

Yep - you can sure call us SF! I can understand that it may seem like a scam because this kind of thing really doesn't happen much, if at all, but I can assure you that we're real folks here at Smart Furniture... and we like people. =)

What's unfortunate is that there aren't a lot of companies that dwell on customer service as much as they should anymore. Glad you've noticed that we strive to be different.

Enjoy the week!