Thursday 5 March 2009

Office Before and After

Lately I've been obsessed with Before and Afters. Like this foot stool and this dresser.

So here's one of my own. My office at work, before and after. It's nothing grandiose, and I'd still do a lot more if I had a larger budget and more freedom, but let me know what you think!

BEFORE:

View when you walk into the office. I love the hardwood floors, but really nothing else.Looking at my desk from the client perspective. Not a pretty sight.

Another angle on the desk and window. Gotta love that clunky monitor and the fan.

The awesome bead curtain "concealing" the server "closet" that resides in my office.

AFTER:

The view upon walking into the office.

View from my side of the desk.
Note the much nicer monitor and much more concealed server room.

Side of the office.

Client view - looking out the window.
Note, new chair - much more comfy and stylish.

This side of the room is still very cluttered, but I'm not authorized to move those files, so I just added a plant and photos on top in an attempt to distract from the clutter.

New shelf set-up, including a real, live pet fish.
Meet Frederick VII.

Ahhhh, tidy desk with nice set-up.

So, what do you think? Obviously it's FAR from perfect, but it's much more workable now than it was to start with.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Kendra. I follow your blog...and I think your office transformation looks great. Did you paint the "before" desk or is it a different one? All your additions look fantastic.

Anonymous said...

P.S. I have an idea... I think painting the client chairs white would help them look more at home given the white shelves, white trim, and your white chair. Of course, I know you may be under some restrictions.

Anonymous said...

You squared off the desk? I thought you were going to do the angled desk business.

semi-crazy blonde girl said...

I like it, Kendra. It looks much more inviting.

lou said...

come and do my house next... :)

Amber said...

You need some rad curtains now!