Monday 30 March 2009

Beginning of the End

Toward the end of last week my parents and younger brother came to visit and help us finish moving things out and cleaning. What a huge help! We had a lot of fun just laying around (literally, since we don't have any furniture in our place), playing cards, eating out (no kitchen-wares either), playing tennis and chatting. My mom was invaluable in the cleaning process, and my dad and brother helped a great deal with moving everything out and cleaning the cars in preparation for delivery to Tim's folks.

Laying around in our empty apartment...

Saying goodbye to my folks and Daniel just before they left
and took one of our cars to Eastern Oregon for us

Again with my parents and Timmy

We also had dinner with some ex-coworkers on Saturday and Sunday to say farewell and Tim's best friend Josh came to visit last night.

Dinner with Josh and my ex-coworker Randy and his wife Jen at The Lucky Noodle - yummy!

And I went to dessert at Nib here in Eugene with girl friends this weekend too:

This is what sugar does to us!

Our yummy "Chocolate at Three Temperatures"

Oh, and we also had an impromptu sleep-over on Saturday at our house with air mattresses scattered throughout our otherwise empty living room and movies projected on our bare walls. You might think this is juvenile or sick, but it was good clean late-night fun!

With the lighting you can't really see the movie on the wall... but it's there.

A pretty enjoyable way to begin saying farewell to Oregon and hello to our new adventure on the other side of the country!

1 comment:

Ally said...

I think you know this, Kendra, but I'm struck by the many blessings in your life: a loving and caring family, and friends who love you. I am very happy for you.