Tuesday 3 June 2008

Truth or Consequences

As I may have mentioned in previous posts, I love Thomas Friedman. This recent Op-Ed column he wrote reaffirmed my admiration. I have recently been contemplating what stance a wise presidential candidate should take concerning oil and gas prices and our energy policy, and then what do you know... Friedman addresses the issue. What if we did as Friedman proposes, then focus the revenue generated from the gas taxes to improve, expand and provide more subsidies for our public transportation throughout the country? Sounds like a step in the right direction to me. Any thoughts?

1 comment:

Ally said...

Yes, I agree... his column is spot on here. I could have hugged Obama for calling out fraud on the Clinton/McCain gas tax holiday... what a crock. But Friedman is right, Obama needs to go farther and bring home to good policies. Perhaps he'd better wait until he gets into office, though.