Sunday 5 April 2009

Our Neighborhood

My body is thanking me today for the 14 hours of sleep I offered it last night. Everything just feels better once you've caught up on sleep!

I thought I'd dedicate a post to a few photos of our neighborhood here in the Capitol Hill neighborhood of SE DC.

The view from our window


View of Garfield Park upon exiting our place

Looking back on our place. Ours is the blue door into the English Basement.

Our neighbor's yard. I LOVE the tulips!

Marion Park - a Kiddie and Doggie Park a block from our place

Public Library 5 blocks away from us

There is also a Results Gym less than a block from us, a Metro PD Substation 3 blocks from us, and a mini-mart 2 blocks away. Our neighborhood is full of parks and green spaces, which is also really nice! And last but not least, Barracks Row and Eastern Market are just 5 blocks from us!

Some of you have been asking how Sophie handled the move. She has done really well. It's been fun to watch her explore every aspect of our new home. She was especially enthralled by our front-load washing machine:

Sophie was glued to the washing machine throughout the whole first load.

8 comments:

Caris Power said...

Even though the grocery stores are clausterophobic, at least you have open space near your house to ease the feeling of being confined. The blossoms are beautiful and it sounds like you have amazing landlords.

Unknown said...

Kendra,
We all read the blog together and laughed heartily at Sophie's interest with the washing machine. I'm sure we can all relate at one time or another. Thanks for sharing. Livia and gang

Livia said...

O.K. Sarah must have used this computer to blog so I have now established my own blog account and it should say: Livia said......
This is a test to see if that happens. Hmmmm.............here goes

Livia said...

Yep, I succeeded. I have a long ways to go before I understand it all though.

Arlene Winn said...

I love the picture of Sophie, as well as the picture of your surroundings. Thank you for keeping us informed!

And Welcome Livia!!

Ally said...

Everything looks lovely there Kendra. And I'm glad Sophie is adjusting well, too!

Amber said...

Your neighborhood is adorable and your landlords sound amazing. I bet being in such a great location will make for a comfortable transition. Any more job leads?

Unknown said...

By gosh KJS....you have been a busy bee! The new place is simply smashing and how convenient that it comes with Sophie toys. Looks like you made it to "your" parade and the weather is treating you well too. Do you want your bike yet? (Kidding ;P)