Monday 14 July 2008

Vacation Week II

So, it's back to the daily grind after my second week of vacation perfection. I arrived back in Eugene around 1:00 yesterday afternoon, and it was good to be home even though I had enjoyed my two weeks immensely.

A few highlights from my trip to California:

- A guided tour (thank you, Aaron) around Berkeley, including UC Berkeley where Aaron is attending Law School, during which I witnessed Code Pink's protest of the US Marine Corps recruiting office.

- Traveling by BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit), Emery-Go-Round, and foot (more than 20 miles walked in the 4 days I was there.)

- Shopping with Amber all afternoon in San Francisco, and finding my new favorite store: H&M.

Amber and I in front of a bell in Dolores park - and at Aaron's apartment

- Touring Pixar with Reid! I loved all the life-sized characters, and the WALL-E paraphernalia (even though I have yet to see the movie).



- Meeting a TV celebrity at Victoria's going away party that Amber and Aaron threw. Anyone else watch Beauty and the Geek and know who Ankur is from Season 2?

I didn't know he was fake kissing me until I saw this picture later...
Seems kinda backwards - the celebrity "adoring" the fan... ;)

- Touring San Francisco with Aaron, and actually getting him to take pictures with me!


Arm wrestling at the Musee Mecanique - Aaron and I with the San Francisco skyline.

Aaron and I in front of Alcatraz - hanging off a Cable Car

- FOOD! Pie in the Sky Pizza, Senegalese, Indian, Thai, and good 'ol American BBQ potluck.

At Bissap Baobab - yummy Senegalese food

1 comment:

Arlene Winn said...

What is Senegalese food like? What are the flavor and main ingredients?

Can I say that you are beautiful and very photogenic. (I AM NOT biased!)