Thursday 17 July 2008

It's the Little Things

That saying about "the little things in life" being "what really matters" ... it's true.

I'm discovering this more and more. A few examples:

- Yesterday I was amused by the man in the cooler at Albertson's. He got a chuckle out of startling me, and I enjoyed his accent as we chatted about the pros and cons of his job ("it's great in the summer, but in the winter it's not so fun.")

- The last couple of days, my mom's blog about the Winn Homestead project my parents are doing "back home" has brought me joy and pride. Check it out, you'll see why.

- Last night Tim and I played "keep-away" and "sharks and minnows" with a friend and some little kids in the Country Club pool while Tim "supervised" his staff. I had so much fun pretending to be a 10-year-old again, playing water games in the summertime.

- Even my morning surprise - no water in our apartment - is amusing to me now. I had to pack up and go to my gym to shower in their locker rooms before work! I was not amused at the time, but it is pretty funny now.

- And today my after-work activities have me all excited: reffing two YMCA women's league games, watching Burn Notice, and going to see The Dark Knight at midnight with 3 other couples!

It's decided. The little things in life make everything worthwhile!

2 comments:

Amber said...

Amen. You are definitely in tune to the little things, like the walls of the BART station... ;)

I'm jealous you're seeing Batman tonight. We had to wait until Tuesday to get tickets, because everything else was sold out! The good news is that we're seeing it at IMAX! I can't wait!

You're wonderful.

Arlene Winn said...

I would agree that it is the little things that make life fun and enjoyable.

Savoring the little pleasures has lasting power.

I enjoyed Daniel (15 year old) "nailing" his parking in the WalMart parking lot.

I enjoyed seeing "Anything Goes" at the Fort Walla Walla Amphitheater tonight with Daniel. It was fun.