Wednesday 30 July 2008

Foiled!

My body is trying to sabotage me, but I am determined to beat it into submission.

Come Monday, I'd like to march into Hecht & Norman completely on top of my game in every way possible. My immune system, however, seems to think this week is a good time to let down its guard and allow any number of bugs to attack me. But never you fear, I have no intentions of letting these little buggers win. I've thrown my arsenal of natural defenses toward my immune system, hoping it will utilize all the help I'm sending its way. In the last 20 hours or so I've pulled out all the stops: loads of Airborne, zinc lozenges, Vibe dietary supplement, Waiora Natural Cellular Defense drops (thank you, Livia), and Jamba Juice with the Daily Vitamin boost. Not to mention gallons (it seems) of water, more sleep than normal, and pain pills when I just can't take it anymore.

Am I ridiculous or what?! No one can accuse me of not doing my best to avoid being sick! On the plus side, it seems to be working. With any luck (knock on wood) I will be running full steam long before Monday!

3 comments:

Amber said...

Aww! Feel better! If you have a chance to get to a health store, or hippie herb store, pick up some Yin Chiao. It is a super immunity boost when you think you're getting sick. They use it at work. It seems to be kind of a silver bullet.

Arlene Winn said...

Have you thought about praying? ;)

Ally said...

Poor little sicky! Remember there is more than your first day. Even if you are sick on your first day and not at 100%, there will be a lot of time after that to show them what a rock star you are.