Wednesday 28 January 2009

I was there!

I traveled to DC for the Inauguration last week. Needless to say, it was very inspiring and historic. I could write a book, but I'll let a few pictures speak for the experience. To see all three albums on facebook, these are the links: Inauguration Day, DC Part I, DC Part II.

In front of the Jefferson Memorial

Jumping for Joy at the Jefferson

By the Washington Memorial

At the Lincoln Memorial

This guy was dancing to some impromptu music on the steps of the Lincoln. He was TOO cute!

Night on the Mall - this photo was taken by a freelance photographer and writer who I met in line and who happens to know several of the people I met during my study abroad in Latin America. It was quite an enjoyable and serendipitous night!

Ice Skating at the National Art Museum Sculpture Garden

4:45 AM on Inauguration Day - coming out from the Metro with a million people. EXCITED!

Dawn at the Capitol

Friends we just met - all trying to stay warm, but filled with excitement

Feeling patriotic and proud to be an American. A good moment.

The reason we all gathered in the freezing cold for hours and hours. President Obama!!

The huge crowd behaved itself but left a lot of trash. :(

Getting warm again at the Hawk & Dove - Cheers to the next 4 years!

2 comments:

Amber said...

Your pictures are all awesome. You are absolutely glowing! I wish I could have been there, but it looks like you managed to have a great time and made some new friends! I bet you can't wait to have grandkids now, just so you can tell them about it!

Caris Power said...

So fun! Love the pictures. They tell a great story. I especially like the one where you guys are jumping in the air. Glad you didn't get mauled by all the crowds.