Thursday 18 October 2007

What's YOUR Poohsonality??

In contrast to yesterday's post, I felt like something a little lighter today. All you Pooh lovers out there - read on.

Ever since I was a small child (oh how long ago that was... *winks*) my mom and I would talk about how people identify with different characters in Winnie the Pooh because each character in these classic stories is a different personality type ("Poohsonality" type, if you will). For example, Eeyore represents people who tend to be downhearted and pessimistic, Tigger the group of people who are carefree and peppy, Rabbit the obsessive compulsive and overly controlling people, and Pooh is the character who represents the loveable but slightly slow folks.

These “Poohsonalities” play out in real life much the way they do in the Hundred Acre Wood. Tiggers do not get along well with Rabbits, Poohs are loved by nearly everyone, and Owls spew their knowledge on anyone within earshot. Just observe the people around you and think of them as Pooh characters; you’ll see.

Recently I tried to decide which character(s) I identified with or resembled most. I think I am part Rabbit (I am obsessive compulsive and very tidy), and part Tigger (I can’t help but bounce off the walls and be silly sometimes). How is it that I can embody two characters that are so diametrically opposed to each other in A.A. Milne’s stories?

Tim is a nice compliment to my personality, in my (unbiased) opinion. I would call him a mixture of Owl and Pooh. He has the “smarts” of Owl (except Tim’s smarts are for real) and the loveable nature of Pooh. Even so, sometimes Rabbits and Tiggers don’t get along well with Owls and Poohs. In the end, however, they always work it out, but not before some new learning adventure.

So which Pooh character are you? If you can’t decide right away, here is a little quiz you can take to help determine your Pooh character match. Of course, I’ve taken many-a-poohsonality test and I have come up several different characters. This is not a fool-proof process… but it’s a fun one to be sure.

3 comments:

Amber said...

I grew up on Pooh too. You should definitely read the Tao of Pooh. It is a light read, exploring the principals of Taoism through the characters of Pooh. It is very enjoyable, not only from a religious studies perspective but for anyone who knows that there is more depth to Pooh than meets the eye.

Anonymous said...

Daniel and I took this little test.
He is a Pooh and I came up a Rabbit, I just don't understand it.

Ally said...

I took the test. I'm Rabbit. But I guess I already knew that. :)

Is that the one and only MOM commenting here? You've been discovered!