Thursday 20 November 2008

Inauguration Vacation

After thinking about it since November 4th, and constantly searching for affordable airfare, I finally purchased a round-trip ticket from Portland to Philadelphia for Inauguration week 2009. A ticket that had cost $480 on Monday, cost just $280 on Tuesday. It was a sign. *winks* I will be spending five days in DC this January, touring with my cousin Allyson and her husband Tobin and staying with my good friend Anna near Capitol Hill. I couldn't be more thrilled.

The only sad part is that Tim was unable to come. While I REALLY wish he could come with me to experience this once-in-a-lifetime trip, he encouraged me not to pass up this opportunity just because he couldn't come along. What a good hubby.

Anyone know of any great things I MUST do while in DC?

4 comments:

Ally said...

I'm so excited! I can't think of a better friend to see DC with! Hooray!

Amber said...

Definitely, definitely, definitely see the holocaust museum. Seriously. If you see nothing else, see that. Also, all the Smithsonians, especially the natural history museum with the dinos!

Still a chance I'll come too, but it's slimming. At least I could give you the inspiration. Have so much fun!

Amber said...

bor-ing! update!

Caris Power said...

what! You didn't tell me you are going to see Obama inaugurated. That is so fantastic! What a great opportunity.